1. Peace of mind. A good home inspection will provide you with a complete understanding of the condition of the house and help you in making an informed decision whether to buy or not.
2. Risk vs. Reward. A professional home inspection costs a few hundred dollars, but it could end up saving you thousands. It is better to be safe than sorry. Otherwise, you might end up with a home you aren’t satisfied with.
3. Maintenance Tips. Your Home inspector has the experience and a wealth of knowledge so use this resource to its fullest, ask questions. Your Home Inspector will gladly offer tips, maintenance ideas, and advice on repairs.
4. Pests and insects. Pests such as termites and rats can cause terrible damage to a home. The house you are eyeing may look appealing from the street but underneath it all, these unwelcome guests could be doing thousands of dollars’ worth of damage.
5. Structural Issues. Structural issues can be very expensive to fix, and without the trained eyes of a Home Inspector, it’s very easy to overlook the problem that will end up costing you more than you planned.
6. Safety. Bypassing a home inspection is a financial gamble but it’s also a choice that could lead to more serious consequences. A faulty electrical system that is ignored could easily turn into a fire hazard. A leaking faucet could turn into a hidden mold, causing health problems.
7. Negotiating power. A good Home Inspector can provide you with a full detailed report outlining any issues with the home. With this report, you can negotiate with the seller to either fix any issues or adjust the price accordingly.
8. To buy or not to buy? Your home inspection may reveal more problems than you had initially expected. With the knowledge we will provide you, you can make an informed decision.
9. Future costs. Knowing the problems that the house has, before buying, will give you a good idea of any costs you may have to deal with in the future.
10. Knowledge is power. Many people are electing to own investment properties. If you are purchasing your first home, having all the information about your future home is important. The home inspection that we will conduct, will not only provide the necessary information, it will also help you with any future home purchases.
Any experienced real estate investor will tell you not to underestimate the importance of a thorough property inspection prior to any real estate purchase. If you have any questions please contact Andrew Winnard at Old Line Home Inspections at (410) 236-3027 or click here to schedule an appointment.